Friday, October 28, 2011

Time Managment

This is for my Enrichment Science online course.


Now, online courses require a lot of timeliness and responsibility, I've learned. I mean, we're not all Doctor Who....


And we don't all have a TARDIS......


So we can't travel back in time to do our homework if we forget.



What has helped me over the last month, you ask? Well, I used those Sticky Note things on my computer to put reminders on my desktop. Of course, they always gave me a heart attack when I saw them because I forgot they were there, but that's a story for another time.

I'm also pretty good at remembering things I need to do, but dear Lord, I procrastinate like nobodies business. That's what HASN'T worked for me. It's my own fault, I know. I personally think this course is rather well orientated for people with cramped schedules. You have a week to do the homework, and if you don't do it, it's not the fault of the course. It's your own.

I have some tips for others in the course. Granted, they're probably not very good tips, but they're tips nonetheless.

And sooo........

1) Put a reminder somewhere you would see it often, like I did with my computer.

2) Try to work on the homework the same time each week.

3) Don't get distracted while you try to do the homework. Don't get up to eat or drink unless it's dinner and you're required to, or if you're, you know, dying of thirst or hunger. Dying isn't good. But if it's just a "I'm a little hungry/thirsty, so I'll go get some food/something to drink to put off this homework" case, DON'T GIVE IN! BE STRONG! Don't do things on the web that aren't school related, either.

4) Don't go on Facebook. I don't have one, but the rest of my family does, and from what I can tell, it's a real time-sucker. Same goes for email, for those like me who still use it.

5) Don't put off your work until the last moment. This is something I have to work on as well.

6) If there happens to be a horse following you everywhere and you think you're on a spaceship that's linked across time to pre-revolutionary France, call the insane asylum immediately.


And if they turn you down, call Torchwood.


Yes, I love British TV shows. And yes, I am probably insane.

But ignoring my last little bullet, the other five could be useful, depending on who you are. And now I've run out of things to say. There are no more questions I'm required to answer. But I don't want to end this post here. I need to think of a clever ending. I don't have a clever ending, though. But I don't want to leave with a dull ending. That'd be....well, dull.

I don't like things to be dull. I like things to be exciting.

So here's a cat called a ragamuffin cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment