Monday, July 4, 2011

In The American Spirit

Today is just so full of celebratoryness. Everyone is so obsessed with being as American as they can be. My Mother insisted that we go out and plant red, white, and blue flowers in our garden because the garden is a wreck anyway. My neighbors are having a gigantic party right next door, and I can hear the music from it through my headphones. Even my cat is trying to celebrate by using his hairballs as fireworks.... And yet, I'd rather sit down, eat a bowl of pasta, and go right back to bed. I have a good reason to want to sleep this holiday out, I have to go to camp tomorrow, where I will face various annoying people who curse for no reason, and like to pick fights. I'll stay up until I get to set off many minor explosive devices, than it's onward to dreamy hill form me.

No comments:

Post a Comment